Dr. Alice started her undergraduate training in Biochemistry at the University of Bucharest in 1992. Beginning in 1995, she attended at the same time two very well established universities in Bucharest, Romania: The University of Bucharest and The University of Medicine and Pharmacy “Carol Davila”. Dr. Alice graduated in 1997 with a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and in 2001 with a Bachelor in Pharmacy and a Doctor of Philosophy in Biology (Molecular Genetics). The same year she accepted a postdoctoral position as a Pharmacology Fellow between 2001 and 2002 and as a Physiology Fellow between 2002 and 2005 at The University of Tennessee, Health Sciences Center in Memphis, Tennessee. Dr. Alice was admitted as an advanced standing student in the Pharmacy Program of the University of Tennessee in 2005, a program she graduated in 2007 with a Doctor of Pharmacy. She continued her clinical training at the Baptist Memorial Hospital in Memphis – a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency Program that she graduated in 2008.
Dr. Alice is a licensed pharmacist in New York, Texas, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Mississippi, Tennessee, and Romania.
Dr. Alice held appointments as an Assistant Professor of Pharmacy Practice in Oncology (2008–2017) and as an Adjunct Assistant Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2009–2017) at the School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, University at Buffalo, New York. Between 2009 and 2017, she trained over 200 students in clinical research and oncology pharmacy at the New York State Center of Excellence in Bioinformatics and Life Sciences and Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, NY.
During her faculty appointments, Dr. Alice served in many capacities at both the university and state levels. She served two Senator terms on the Faculty Senate of the University at Buffalo (2012-2016), was a Diplomat with the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (2011-2017), the Program Director of the first Online Oncology Certificate Program for Community Pharmacists (2014-2017), and the Pharmacy Representative on the New York State Cancer Consortium. Dr. Alice published several peer-reviewed articles and book chapters and was an invited speaker on numerous occasions.
AWARDS AND HONORS
- Distinguished Research Mentor Award, from University at Buffalo Collegiate Science & Technology Entry Program (2017)
- Visiting Professor Scholarship at the University of Bucharest Research Institute (2016)
- UUP Professional Development Award from UUP Health Sciences Chapter of the University at Buffalo (2016, 2015)
- Discovery Seminar Award from The Undergraduate Academies, University at Buffalo (2014, 2013)
- Faculty Research Award from the UB Institute for Research and Education on Women and Gender (2013)
- Clinical Pharmacy Services Research Award, New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists, Research and Education Foundation (2010)
- Faculty Teaching Award, School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, State University of New York at Buffalo (2010)
- AMGEN Oncology Award for Research Excellence from Research and Education Foundation of the New York State Council of Health-system Pharmacists and Amgen (2009)
- AMCP / Pfizer Managed Care Internship Award from the Academy of Managed Care Pharmacy (2006)
- Fundamental Immunology Prize “Ion Moraru” from the Romanian Society for Immunology (2001)